The Lansdowne Fire Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter under the following membership categories; Junior, Active and Associate. Junior membership is open to anyone between the ages of 16 and 18 who wish to learn firefighting skills in a controlled environment. Junior Firefighters also help out in a limited capacity on the fire grounds. Active membership is open to anyone 18 years and older who wish to become firefighters or assist the Fire Company in other capacities. All training to become a firefighter will be provided to the individual at no cost. Associate membership is open to anyone 18 years or older who already possess Firefighter I training and wish to become part of the Lansdowne Team. We will also be implementing a Live-In program in the near future. Benefits of becoming a member include:
- Proactive Department in an Urban location running more than 600 Fire calls a year
- Station work uniform and Dress uniform provided after probation period.
- All formal training at local Fire Academies provided free of charge
- Weekly in house training
- Modern equipment and facilities
- In house gym facility
- Open style bunk room
- Recently renovated kitchen and crew room
- Free Wi-Fi service in station
- Life Insurance policy provided through the Fireman’s Relief Association of Lansdowne
If interested in becoming a member please contact us by email at email@example.com or stop by the Station at anytime. We are located at 26 N. Highland Ave Lansdowne Pa 19050.